Food and Beverage Manager
Our client is seeking a FOH Manager to manage the operations of their restaurant. The ideal candidate is passionate about their career in the hospitality industry and is a proven F&B professional. This opportunity will allow you to use your supervisory experience, coaching skills, passion for hospitality and business acumen, all while managing a busy restaurant in the Cayman Islands.
Managing of the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. The organization of front of house and oversight of back of house teams to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly, profitably and to the highest standard.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support and collaborate with senior management and owners with management operations and decisions
- Train and continually develop the restaurant team to achieve their personal best. Support training initiatives in line with the business needs. Must lead by example.
- On a day-to-day basis – plan, organize and direct work of the restaurant team (opening and closing duties, monitor wait staff duties through completion), scheduling, booking parties and events.
- Ensure to maintain a personal attitude of a high standard and quality, which will produce efficiency and productivity of the restaurant and bar
- Assist in hiring, training, and retention of FOH staff
- Comply with all company policies and legal requirements relating to the operations of the restaurant with special reference to Health and Safety
- React to all customer requests, queries and any complaints positively, timely and professionally.
- Ensures that all profit plans are executed, managed accordingly and margins are met
- Ensure proper control and management of inventory.
- Work closely with culinary leadership to support profit performance within the restaurant.
- Work closely with suppliers to get the best product and value
- Work directly with the Head Chef on main and daily feature menus.
- Oversee, contribute maintain current beer, cocktails and wine lists.
- Promote the restaurant and the group by being a brand ambassador and being professional at all times.
- Use of social media to help grow brand awareness and promote specials and events.
- Promote daily specials and upsell opportunities to increase profitability
- Collaborate with your team to look at new ways to increase revenue.
Managing of staff:
- Make sure that all staff are aware of the daily menus, specials and 86’d items
- Staff are in uniform, on time, professional, always positive and ready to work
- Shift rotations are planned in advance and are on a fair rotation. Staff are aware of upcoming shift schedules
- Check all dining areas prior to service
- Assist restaurant service to ensure a smooth and professional operation of the restaurant
- Accountable for ensuring that culture is strong and consistent throughout the entire Front of House team.
- Coach and deliver training to strengthen culture with new and existing team members.
- Staff are given opportunity and encouraged to continue to grow and learn
- Lead weekly and daily team meeting to ensure all staff are up to speed on menu items or to address any concerns.