Food and Beverage Manager - Calgary, AB
Our client is looking for a Food and Beverage General Manager in downtown Calgary.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about people and an expert in providing the Perfect Guest Experience.
As an F&B General Manager, you will own the overall 4-wall business. You will partner with the Head Chef to ensure the front of house operations are aligned with the culinary program in your location. You will maintain a clean, physical plant, inspire and maintain high team morale and a standard of 100% Guest satisfaction. You are the driver behind the total Perfect Guest Experience.
You are responsible for building your team, coaching for success, and developing your Assistant Managers into GMs and Front of House Associates into the leaders of the future. You are fully accountable for all systems, people and standards within the restaurant.
You also consider yourself a "Foodie" – although you won’t often be creating the food, it is expected you will know as much about the menu as our line cooks and service Associates. You place passion and pride behind bringing inspired food and drink to thousands of Guests a week, and ensuring your team brings it to life in your restaurant.
- Managing the floor and flow of business, role modelling and upholding standards, dress code and operating systems and standards in the Front of House.
- Coaching your Management team and Associates on a daily basis for development and success.
- Ambassador of the Perfect Guest Experience. Driving knowledge around our food and beverage program, as well as hospitality and salesmanship.
- Driving sales and local restaurant marketing initiatives to build the business.
- Guest and staff relations and serious disciplinary action.
- Internal contact for Health inspector, WCB, Fire inspector, Liquor inspector.
- Assistant Manager, Chef and hourly staff development.
- Physical plant maintenance.
- Follow up on all departments (food, bar, ops and people) financial goals, goal achievement and action plans.
- General staff meetings and direct line meetings.
- Accountable for business planning for the restaurant, key financials and KPI's, as well as maintaining and growing sales and profitability.
- Responsible for timely progress through the Restaurant leadership Certification Program, and continued learning and development over time as required.
- Minimum 5 years hospitality industry experience in a self-directed leadership role.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Business Management and/or proven personal commitment to professional development an asset.
- Proven success with both people development in leadership positions and long-term sales growth.
- Proven ability to achieve results through others.
- Demonstrate the ability to attract and retain excellent performers and to develop high performing teams.
- Leadership and communication: has a leadership style that is developmental vs. policing, promotes a culture of dialogue, role models values and practices of the company.
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit through having a presence "on the floor" and in the community.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with us. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent