BOH Management: Chef In-Training
Closing Date: Ongoing opportunities
On behalf of our client, a leader in the Restaurant chain space across Canada, is currently looking for future culinary leaders in locations in western Canada. The Chef In-Training program is designed for an experienced Sous Chef who is looking to take their culinary flare to the next level. We are looking for someone who has is , driven, ambitious, and is not afraid to take on a challenge. Successful candidates must have the desire to reach the top and have what it takes to run a multi-million-dollar business, while gaining new skills and knowledge in management, leadership and culinary expertise. The length of the program is dependent on the individuals’ experience and ability to learn new concepts.
We think leadership is more than a word; it’s a way of being. This role plays a key function in supporting the organization and the operations team in ensuring that we continue to develop highly talented leaders who are fully prepared to take the next step in their career. We have a strong company culture and promote our leaders from within.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but not limited to:
- Train and mentor up and coming cooks by utilizing your external leadership experience.
- Build an influential presence in the kitchen which fosters growth, learning and development.
- Ensure that each cook knows where they stand, has a clear development plan, and the resources to deliver on the plan.
- Identification of performance needs and trends in the kitchen and takes action accordingly.
- Works closely with Operations leadership to support performance elevation within the restaurant.
- Accountable for ensuring that culture is strong and consistent throughout the entire kitchen team.
- Coaches and delivers training to strengthen culture with new and existing team members.
- Works closely with leadership in-store and throughout the organization to ensure desired culture is reinforced.
- Responsible for managing a multi-million-dollar kitchen.
- Ensures that all profit plans are executed and managed accordingly.
- Ensure proper control and management of Inventory.
- Works closely with Operations leadership to support profit performance within the restaurant.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ year’s kitchen management experience.
- Completion of or interest in attaining your Red Seal, CEC or CCC.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- A passion for teaching others and learning new skills about culinary practices.
- Be able to lead and mentor others.
- You must be coachable and have a can do attitude.
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to build a strong team of talented individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and is open to coaching. You hate standing still for too long and want to grow your skills and your drive your career.
- Experience within the hospitality industry or a Restaurant environment
- Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
- Has a passion for culinary expertise and a desire to reach the top.